Monday, August 5, 2013

Help (Grandma) has arrived!

We must be getting old or worn out.  Joy seems to have more energy than her sleep-deprived parents.  Every morning, Joy wakes up between 5-6am.  I drag myself out of bed, feed her some milk, and then entertain her until around 7am, at which time I hand her off to Selena.  But it seems that Selena isn't always ready for Joy.  Her pregnancy is clearly making her more exhausted.  I can't imagine what it'll be like when #2 arrives.  All the while, Joy is patiently waiting for us to tend to her.   

Will you play with me?  Mommy is too tired.
We have been taking care of Joy on our own but thankfully, my mom arrived on Saturday to help us in August.  She will be caring for her so that Selena can go back to work.  It'll also give us the opportunity to prep Joy's new room (e.g. paint, buy furniture) and shop for a new carseat and stroller.  Thankfully (and mercifully), Joy has already adjusted well to grandma!





So here's to a more relaxing (or not) month ahead (I hope)!

No comments:

Post a Comment