Thursday, August 1, 2013

All Things for His Glory

God can use every situation, even the difficult and painful times, to bless and encourage others.  I truly believe that our experience with Joy and her feeding problems would somehow/someway help other families deal with what we went through. 

In the past several weeks, I have been contacted by several moms who heard about Joy's success in the Spectrum tube weaning/feeding program.  I guess word is getting around!  Their babies/kids currently have feeding tubes and have been struggling to eat with little success.  We know how frustrating it is to watch your child continually vomit and refuse to eat.  They wanted to know more about Joy and our experience in the Spectrum program.  Some of them are considering the program in September.  I warned them about the intensity, challenges, and adjustments during and after the program.  I hope it was helpful and I'm glad that this blog has been a resource them and other families who are going through the same struggles we faced.

One of the things I learned through this whole ordeal is that we were not meant to struggle through life alone.  So I wanted to take this opportunity to share about Piper, a beautiful baby girl who has a G-tube and does not eat much by mouth.  Selena and I spoke to her mom a few weeks ago, and I was impressed by her dedication and love for her baby.  I'm also thankful that her family continues to demonstrate faith in God through these difficult times.  I am praying for them as they prepare for the September feeding program.  If you would like to learn more or pray/support Piper, please visit these websites:

Caring Bridge
YouCaring
Piper
My prayer is that Piper will learn to eat through the program.

Eat More Chikin

1 comment:

  1. ADORABLE!! I have to say Piper is thrilled to have made it onto Joy's Blog!! They are friends already!! LOL Thanks for your post! It brought tears to my eyes! To God be the GLORY is right!!
    Also, thank you sooo much for your donation! Meant the world to us!!
    Rachel Best

    ReplyDelete