Sunday, May 19, 2013

Our Bundle of Joy

My wife and I often lay in bed and reminisce our 8 wonderful months with Joy. Oh gosh, those were some crazy times when we had to feed her every 2 hours. It sure felt like studying for finals all over again. I was barely awake when I fed formula through a syringe and my finger (Joy could not latch on). How did we ever survive?



Joy became a good eater and she would eat and eat and occasionally vomit or spit up. That's what everyone told us so we didn't push the panic button. She even plumped up like a turkey on Thanksgiving Day before our very eyes. One of my favorite pictures is of Joy pushing her firsts against her chubby cheeks. Fat baby = cute baby.



It was certainly a very tiring start to parenthood and just when we reached our "breaking point", something beautiful happened - she laughed! I have been known to tell a good joke but oddly she laughed for no apparent reason. And then she started to smile and before we knew it, our home was filled with smiles and spontaneous bursts of laughter. Her name is so fitting and we are truly blessed to have her in our lives.  Happy 8 months to our Bundle of Joy!  We are so blessed to have you in our lives!




No comments:

Post a Comment